I formally recognize the passing of summer and coming of autumn today as I feel too chilled in my shorts and sheer blouse. This list consists of songs that have captured and highlighted my moods through out this past summer.
1. Boyfriend/As Long As You Love Me – Justin Bieber
– I enjoy Justin Bieber’s new album, which has been playing constantly on my Pandora. In Boyfriend, he does this sexy, deep-voice rap and a seductive falsetto, which is reminiscent of the other Jusin (Timberlake).
2. Good Time – Owl City & Carly Rae Jepsen
– This collaboration is a pop orgasm, combining the most catchy male and female artists on the radio.
3. Rack City – Tyga
– A typical dirty hip hop song with killer beat for getting down in the club.
4. Want You Back – Cher Lloyd
– Funky British girl with a song full of mischief and attitude. She is sort of Jessie J meets Nicki Minaj, a pop version of Lady Sovereign.
5. Wild Ones – Flo Rida feat Sia
– This is 2012 version of Gordon Wynter’s Dirty Talk to me. It combines the seductive breathy melody with great hip hop beat.
6. Wide Awake – Katy Perry
– My favorite recent Katy Perry song, besides Part of Me. She’s really utilizing her great voice and delving into the more mature, emotional territory (like Teenage Dream, Thinking Of You, The One That Got Away), moving away from the poppy, party-girl music (i.e. California Girl, I Kissed A Girl, T.G.I.F.).
7. Give Your Heart A Break – Demi Lovato
– Love her powerful voice and the emotions in this song.
8. Feel So Close – Calvin Harris
– Takes me to a mysterious, intimate place. This is really music that can transcend you…
9. Payphone – Maroon 5
– Very poppy and catchy rock, exactly what we all love about Adam Levine and his band.
10. Glad You Came – The Wanted
– Boy bands are the unoriginal but absolutely necessary part of the show business. With this catchy track, followed by Chasing The Sun, The Wanted definitely won me from One Direction (also they’re slightly more mature).
A few runner-ups that were close but didn’t make the list: We Run The Night – Havana Brown ft Pitbull, Back In Time – Pitbull (a shame because he dominated the list in in the last few years), Titanium – David Guetta ft Sia, Lights – Ellie Goulding.